If you move your WordPress website to a new domain name, you will find that internal links to pages and references to images are not updated. Instead, these links and references will point to your old domain name. This plugin fixes that problem by helping you change old urls and links in your website.
- Users can choose to update links embedded in content, excerpts, or custom fields
- Users can choose whether to update links for attachments
- View how many items were updated
- Why are my urls not updated?
URLs are only replaced when an exact match is found. Be sure that you have entered the correct url and hit submit. (Note: Matching is case-sensitive.)
- Why do I see the message „You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page”?
Make sure that the plugin is activated and that you are an administrator level user.
- This plugin saved me a lot of work. Where can I donate?
Thanks, donations help us to continue improving our plugins. Donate Here via PayPal.
- I’m afraid to screw this up. Will you do it for me?
Of course! Velvet Blues will backup your website and replace your URLs for only $29. If you need your website moved, we charge a flat fee of $65 and will finish your move within 48 hours – week days only. For same-day or weekend jobs, we charge a flat rate of $105. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
I setup a test site with BoldGrid & WP on my hosting service using a subdomain of my main site to get things setup (ex. site.mydomain.com). Once everything was ready to go, I setup the 'Add On' domain to point to the new site public_html folder on my service and found that all of the images were still being referenced from the subdomain site URL. I tried everything for about 2 hours in WP admin to get it fixed, and even tried some php edits an article pointed out to have the site init functions fix it, but nothing worked. Then I can across the VB plugin, installed it, and in seconds all (but one) of the image URLs were fixed. The only one it didn't fix was the background image, but it was easy enough to just re-select that in the BoldGrid settings. To the author of this plugin: Thank you so much! You totally rock! 🙂
Such a useful plugin. Never had an issue with it. Highly recommended as it's a big time saver.
- Maintenance Update.
- Tested with 4.6.
- Version Update.
- Updated label ID for better UX when selecting url location options.
- Added use if is_serialized() to remove PHP NOTICES about offsets during url update process.
- Confirmed compatibility to with WP 4.6 and updated stable tag.
- Confirmed compatibility with WordPress 4.0.x releases.
- Updated readme file.
- Relocated Update URLs tab to Tools section. It is now found under Tools->Update URLs
- Added additional serialization checks for postmeta.
- Bug fixes.
- Added Turkish language file.
- Confirmed compatibility with WordPress 3.6.x releases.
- Added option to replace urls within Links.
- Updated success and error dialogs and other text throught plugin.
- Confirmed compatibility with WordPress 3.5 release.
- Confirmed compatibility with latest WordPress releases and added support for future versions.
- Redesigned interface.
- Added the ability to update links in custom fields.
- Improved security against potential cross-site attacks by adding nonces and a referrer check and added exit to script if accessed directly.
- New error messages and field validation.
- Made changing ALL GUIDs optional, and turned off by default.
- Internationalized plugin.
- Updated License to GPLv2 or later.
- Fixed Typos
- Confirmed compatibility with WordPress 3.1.x releases.
- Updated FAQs and Contributors.
- Added the ability to update links in excerpt fields.
- Updated code for full compatibility with WordPress 3.0 releases.
- Confirmed compatibility with recent WordPress releases.
- Fixed PHP short tag problem, so as to be compatible with all configurations.
- Fixed possible interactions with other plugins.